Short Term Rental Registration Process

How To Register

  • Visit My Government Online.
  • Select “Planning and Zoning," then "Apply Online” at the top of the screen
  • You will be prompted to create a new account if you don’t have one
  • Select “San Marcos” as the Jurisdiction and “Zoning” as the Project Type.
  • Proceed with the “Home Share Rental Application” as prompted.

What You'll Need to Register

Proof of residency on the premises by providing two of the following:

  • Motor vehicle registration
  • Drivers license
  • Texas State identification card
  • Voter registration
  • Tax documents
  • Utility bill

Proof of possession of the premises:

  • Valid lease; or
  • Warranty deed
Note: You must pay the $15 technology fee to submit the application. Once the application is accepted our staff will charge the $50 registration fee.