Residential Curbside Services
Recycling Service Information
- TDS recycling carts have a tan lid
- All Material should be loose in the cart, not bagged.
- Do not overload your cart; the lid should be closed.
- If you have extra recycling, place materials in a small cardboard box by the cart (up to 3 boxes)
- TDS policy states that boxes must be small enough to fit inside the cart for service.
- Empty and Rinse containers; no food or liquids.
- Flatten boxes to maximize capacity
- Serviced every other week depending on your service route.
Green Waste Service Information
- TDS Green Waste Carts have a green lid
- Place loose material in the cart; no plastic bags
- Do not overload your cart; the lid should be closed
- If your cart is full, place extra yard waste in paper bags by your cart (Up to 12 bags); the cart must be out with the bags on your service day.
- Serviced every other week depending on your service route
Garbage Service Information
- TDS Garbage carts have a black lid
- Base service is a 65-gallon cart
- For an extra $5 a month, you can upgrade to a 96-gallon cart
- Do not overload your cart; call to schedule a bulk pick-up or discuss other disposal options
- To minimize your garbage rate, maximize the use of your recycling and green waste carts
- Serviced once a week depending on your service route
Bulk Pick-Up Information
- All Items scheduled for pick-up go to the landfill
- Residential garbage customers receive Four pick-ups per year
- Each Pick-up is limited to 3 cubic yards
- Place items neatly by the curb for service; box or bag small items
- Bulk pick-up requests must be received by 3 p.m. two business days before your garbage service day; a detailed list of items is needed to schedule a bulk pick-up
- Serviced the first full week and the third week of the month on your garbage service day
- Carpet must be cut into 4 ft. strips, weigh under 35 lbs., maximum of 4 rolls per bulk pick-up
Other Service Information & Tips
- Carts are serviced 6 a.m.-7 p.m.
- The arrows on the cart lids should point toward the street
- Place carts 3 ft. apart in an area clear of obstacles (mailboxes, parked vehicles, trees, utility lines, etc.)
- Do not block pedestrian or vehicle traffic
- Return carts to your house or behind a fence by 9 p.m. on your service day
- If you have a service issue notify the Resource Recovery Office within 24 hours