Community Help in San Marcos
Winter Weather Recovery & Community Resources
- FEMA - 800-621-3362. Disaster assistance may include financial assistance for temporary lodging and home repairs, low-interest loans to cover uninsured property losses, and other programs to help individuals and business owners recover from the effects of the disaster.
- 211 Texas - 211. A program of the Texas Health and Human Services Commission that provides a database of services available across the state.
- Hays County Food Bank - 512-392-8300. Food distribution sites and mobile pantry in San Marcos, Kyle, and Buda.
- Central Texas Food Bank - 512-684-2559. Provides food assistance in Hays and other counties. Contact the agency for specific dates, locations, and times.
- SMCISD Child Nutrition - 512-393-6940. Breakfast and lunches for distance virtual learners are provided curbside at all schools except Miller from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Hays CISD Child Nutrition - 512-268-1336. Breakfast and lunches for any child under 18 are available 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and twelve school locations.
- Barnabas Connection of Wimberley - 512-842-9674. Provides funds to assist with rent, utilities, fuel, and medical needs. Must provide identification with Wimberley address.
- Grace Lutheran Church - 512-392-4241. Free used clothing distributed on the second Saturday of the month from 10:00 a.m. through 12:00 p.m.
- H.O.M.E. Center of Central Texas - 512-270-8433. Assistance provided to people experiencing homelessness including food, clothing, and housing assistance.
- Southside Community Center - 512-392-6694. Ministry to provide support to those less fortunate. Meals provided every night beginning at 5:00 p.m. Appointments may be made to use laundry and shower facilities.
- Salvation Army San Marcos - 512-754-8541. Services include disaster relief, rent, utility assistance, and identification recovery.
- El Buen Pastor - 512-392-7878. Food is provided every Sunday morning at 9:00 a.m.
- Holland Street Church of Christ - 512-749-1097. The Society provides person-to-person service to the needy including help with bills, rent, fuel, medical, food, and can assist with getting a copy of your identification.
- St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Charities - 512-353-7694. The Society provides person-to-person service to the needy including help with bills, rent, fuel, medical, food, and can assist with getting a copy of your identification.
- Community Action of Central Texas - 512-392-1161. Individuals must meet eligibility requirements to receive utility, rent or mortgage assistance.
- Hays County Veterans Services - 512-392-8387. Hays county veterans and their families are eligible to receive assistance.
- BR3T Regional Recovery - 512-677-9701. BR3T is working with local, regional, and national partners to assist those in need of clean up assistance.
- City of San Marcos Electrical Utility - 512-393-8313. If you have an electrical outage and live in the City of San Marcos, contact SMEU.
- City of San Marcos Water Department - 512-393-8010. If you have City of San Marcos water service and are without water, please report.
- WIC - 512-393-8045. If food you purchased with WIC benefits was lost in the ice storm, you may be able to receive replacement benefits. Contact your local WIC office.
Recuperación del Clima Invernal Y Recursos Comunitarios
Si necesita ayuda después del reciente clima invernal, haga clic aquí para obtener recursos comunitarios.
Year-Round Community Help
Childcare and Services for Children
- Central Texas Food Bank - 512-282-2111
- El Buen Pastor - 512-392-7878
- Hays County Food Bank - 512-392-8300
- Heaven's Harvest - 512-749-1097
- Meals on Wheels - 800-333-6325
- SMCISD Food Service - 512-393-6940
- School Fuel - 512-826-1302
- SNAP Food Stamps - 512-753-2201
- Southside Community Center - 512-392-6694
- WIC - 512-393-8040
- AIDS Services - 512-392-1161
- Communicare Dental in Kyle - 512-268-8900
- Communicare San Marcos - 512-268-8900
- Dental Center of Seguin - 830-875-6603
- Hays County Health Department - 512-393-5520
- Live Oak Community Clinic - 512-805-5650
- MLK Community Health Services - 512-392-5816
- Prescription Assistance Program - 512-392-1161 ext. 301
- American Legion - 512-353-8494
- Hays County Veterans Services - 512-392-8387
- Housing for Disabled Veterans - 844-698-2311
- Mental Health Care for Vets at Scheib - 888-648-3947
- Samaritan Center - 512-451-7337
- VA Health Austin/Temple - 512-823-4000
- VA Health San Antonio - 210-617-5300
- Veteran’s Emergency Financial Assistance by Center Point - 512-297-2990
- VFW - 512-665-1244
- 211 Texas - 877-541-7905
- ARCIL Services for Persons with Disabilities - 512-396-5790
- Austin Disaster Relief Network - 512-428-6322
- BR3T Recovery Team - 512-677-9701
- Department of Health & Human Services - 512-753-2201
- Hays Caldwell Women’s Shelter - 512-396-4357
- H.O.M.E. Center - 512-270-8433
- Online AA Meetings
- PAWS - 817-888-1021
- Salvation Army - 512-754-8541
- San Marcos Regional Animal Shelter - 512-805-2650