The City of San Marcos seeks to fill vacancies on more than 20 City boards and commissions with volunteers from throughout the community.
Citizens may fill out volunteer interest forms and forward them to the City Clerk’s office by Friday, Jan. 10 to be considered for appointment. The volunteer forms are available on the Boards & Commissions page of our website and can be submitted online, via fax, or in person.
Qualifications, duties and the length of service vary. City Boards and Commissions include:
- Airport Advisory Board *
- Animal Shelter Advisory Board *
- Arts Commission *
- Citizen Utility Advisory Board *
- Cemetery Commission
- Construction Board of Appeals *
- Convention & Visitor Bureau *
- Economic Development Board *
- Ethics Commission *
- Historic Preservation Commission *
- Housing Authority*
- Human Services Advisory Board *
- Library Board *
- Main Street Advisory Board *
- Neighborhood Commission *
- Parks & Recreation Board *
- Planning & Zoning Commission *
- San Marcos Commission on Children and Youth *
- San Marcos Youth Commission *
- Senior Citizen Advisory Board
- Veteran Affairs Advisory Board
- Zoning Board of Adjustments *
* Boards with special requirements for some or all positions.
Residents are asked to submit their interest forms by Jan. 10, 2020. The City Council is scheduled to review the applications and make appointments at their Feb. 4, 2020 meeting. Volunteers that are appointed will take their seats on Mar. 1, 2020.
For media inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.