The City of San Marcos seeks to fill vacancies on City boards and commissions with volunteers from throughout the community.
Citizens must fill out volunteer interest applications online by Friday, January 7, 2022, to be considered for appointment. The application form is available online at sanmarcostx.gov/boards. Paper copies may be obtained by visiting the City Clerk’s Office, 630 E. Hopkins St.
Qualifications, duties, and the length of service vary. City Boards and Commissions include:
- Airport Advisory Board *
- Animal Shelter Advisory Board *
- Arts Commission *
- Citizen Utility Advisory Board *
- Cemetery Commission
- Construction Board of Appeals *
- Convention & Visitor Bureau *
- Economic Development Board *
- Ethics Commission *
- Historic Preservation Commission *
- Housing Authority*
- Human Services Advisory Board *
- Library Board *
- Main Street Advisory Board *
- Neighborhood Commission *
- Parking Advisory Board
- Parks and Recreation Board *
- Planning & Zoning Commission *
- San Marcos Industrial Development Corporation
- Senior Citizen Advisory Board
- Veteran Affairs Advisory Board
- Zoning Board of Adjustments *
*Indicates special requirements for some or all positions.
City Council is scheduled to review the applications and make appointments at the Feb. 1, 2022, meeting. Appointed volunteers will take their seats on March 1, 2022.
For media inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.