The City of San Marcos partnered with Community Action Inc. of Central Texas and Salvation Army San Marcos and accepted donations benefiting members of our community that do not have or cannot afford air conditioning during the warm summer months.
The City asked for donations of new, 12-inch or larger multi-purpose pedestal fans and 20-inch box fans.
Monetary donations were collected by the San Marcos Electric Utility Office, 1040 N Highway 123 . All contributions will be used to purchase new fans for distribution to people in need of assistance.
Donation Drop-off Locations
The City accepted donations at all five San Marcos Fire Department Stations June 27 through July 26.
Donations were also accepted during normal business hours at the San Marcos Electric Utility office and Neighborhood Enhancement building.
- Fire Station 1, 114 E. Hutchison St.
- Fire Station 2, 205 Flint Ridge Rd.
- Fire Station 3, 2420 Hunter Rd.
- Fire Station 4, 1404 Wonder World Dr.
- Fire Station 5, 100 Carlson Circle
- San Marcos Electric Utility, 1040 N Highway 123 (<-- Please take all cash donations here)
- Neighborhood Enhancement, 630 E Hopkins St. Building 5
For more information, contact San Marcos Utilities (SMTXU) at 512-393-8300. SMTXU is in charge of this program.
Please contact Community Action of Central Texas to see the program requirements for receiving a fan.