Show All Answers

1. Is a Certified Food Manager Certificate required? How long does it last and how much does it cost?
2. Can the City hold certification classes for Certified Food Manager and Food Handler?
3. What are the regulations for allowing direct sell from local produce farms to a food establishment? (Farm to table)
4. Where can I find the guidelines for Farmers Markets and the Cottage Food laws?
5. Is there an exception for Fixed Food Establishments to obtain a Temporary Food Establishment Permit for events?
6. Are Mobile Food Units required to obtain a Temporary Food Establishment Permit to take part of an event?
7. Is the TFER inspection report Quick Reference available for reference?
8. Why do Mobile Food Units have to move each day and will this requirement change if parked in an established Food Truck Park?
9. Is a Temporary Food Establishment Permit required for contestants participating in a judging contest? Can samples be given with or without a fee?
10. Why does a Food Handler have to be present at the booth where food is being prepared and not just available?
11. Are events associated with SMCISD exempt from obtaining a Temporary Food Establishment Permit and paying the associated fee?
12. What is HACCP and is every establishment required to submit a HACCP plan?
13. How can an establishment submit a variance requesting a modification or waiver to one or more requirements of TFER?