Join Our Healthy Family
We Want You to Join Our Healthy Family!
WIC services and foods are free for those who qualify. We provide nutrition education, breastfeeding support, healthy foods, access to a Registered Dietitian and Lactation Consultants. We can assist with all health topics from A-Z and refer you to other sources of assistance.
Who Can Apply
- Pregnant women
- Women who are breastfeeding a baby under one year of age
- Women who, in the past six months, had a baby or had a pregnancy end
- Children under the age of 5 - Dads, moms, step-parents, guardians, and foster parents can apply for their children
Who is Eligible
- Those who meet WIC's income guidelines / Guia de Engresos (PDF)
- Those who have a nutrition-related health problem (applicants will receive a health screening at the WIC clinic; includes measuring height and weight, screening for blood iron levels, obtaining a health history, and reviewing dietary history).
- Residents of Texas (WIC clients usually receive services in the county where they reside)
- You do not need to be a U.S. citizen.
- You do not have to receive Medicaid or SNAP in order to receive WIC; and you can still receive full WIC benefits even if you are on those other programs.
- If you have a job or if you have private health insurance, you can still apply for WIC.
- You do not have to be married to apply for WIC.
How to Join Our WIC Family
- Find the local WIC office closest to you by clicking on the "WIC Clinic Locations" link at the top left side of this page. You can also visit Texas WIC, or call toll-free 800-WIC-FOR-U 800-942-3678). When you know the phone number for your local WIC office, call and make an appointment as soon as possible.
- To help you prepare and to help us serve you better during your appointment, review the frequently asked questions at Texas WIC
We are excited to help you and your family; together we can grow amazing kids!