SMTX 4 All - Housing Plan
View the Strategic Housing Action Plan Drafts:
- View the Draft Strategic Housing Action Plan: This document reflects the Workforce Housing Task Force's Strategic Housing Action Plan.
- Planning and Zoning Commission Recommendations: On September 24, 2019 the Planning and Zoning Commission recommended approval of the Strategic Housing Action Plan with amendments to remove or modify action items. This document reflects the proposed amendments.
About the Project
The City Council identified Workforce Housing as one of five strategic initiatives for two years in a row. In order to address this initiative a Housing Task Force was formed in 2019 to assist the City Council Workforce Housing Committee in developing a strategic action plan aimed at addressing the housing needs in San Marcos. The task force worked in tandem with City Staff, local stakeholders, and the community using current data collected from the 2019 San Marcos Housing Needs Assessment and Housing Choice Survey to:
- Expand Opportunities for Housing
- Preserve and Enhance Existing Housing Stock
- Leverage Community and Regional Partners, and
- Quantify and Meet the Housing Needs of Current and Future Residents
The final meeting of the Workforce Housing Task Force was September 12, 2019. The Strategic Housing Action Plan developed by the Workforce Housing Task Force was considered for implementation by the Planning and Zoning Commission on September 24, 2019 and the full City Council on October 15, 2019. The Strategic Housing Action Plan is pending adoption.
- Maxfield Baker, Place 1
- Melissa Derrick, Place 6
- Saul Gonzales, Place 2 @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Chair: Laura Dupont, Corridor Title
- Vice Chair: Gloria Salazar, El Centro
- Ramika Adams, Calaboose Museum
- Melissa Nicewarner Daly, HomeAid
- Andrew Fernandez, SMCISD
- Dr. Thomas Longoria, Texas State
- Ruben Garza, Southside
- Will Holder, Retired Trendmaker Homes
- Michael Nolen, McNabb & Co.
- Ryan Pearl, Amazon @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Roland Saucedo, Neighborhood Representative
- John Schawe, Frost Bank
- Jack Seaborne, Seaborne Architects
- Albert Sierra, SM Housing Authority
- Dr. Chris Smith, Texas State
- Caitlyn Strickland, Hays County
- Scott Turner, Brookfield
- Dr. Monica Valadez, SMCISD
- Robert Watts, Habitat for Humanity @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>