Front Porch Pickup
Here’s how it works:
1. Patrons can place items on hold through the catalog, via email at email@example.com, or by calling 512-393-8200.
2. Items will be collected by library staff and then patrons will be notified via email or telephone that items are ready to be picked up.
3. Front Porch Pickup is only available Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. On Sunday, it is available from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
4. When you arrive to pick up materials, you will call 512-393-8200 and staff will verify your identification, check out materials, and bring them to a table on the porch where you can pick them up.
5. All returns must be placed in the book drops outside. Library staff is quarantining materials as they are returned.
We also have pick up options for printing. You can email items that need to be printed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Items can be picked up using the Front Porch Pickup procedures, or you can request that they be mailed through U.S. Postal delivery at no charge.
Our mission is to help make San Marcos a great place to live by providing our citizens with access to an outstanding collection of library materials; entertaining and educational programs for all ages; fast, free computer, Internet, and information services; and comfortable facilities in which to read, relax, and connect with others. We strive to provide truly outstanding customer service and to promote reading and learning as vital, enjoyable, lifelong activities.