Starting Monday, Sept. 16, the City of San Marcos will initiate the following changes to the bulk collection request process:
- All requests must be received by 4 p.m. two business days prior to service day.
- Monday requests will need to be called in by the previous Thursday.
- Bulk loads will be limited to six cubic yards of material per service day.
- Excess material will default to the following bulk day or residents can take the excess load to the landfill for free.
- For reference, a washer and dryer are approximately six cubic yards of material.
Bulk collections will continue to be limited to the first full week and third week each month on trash pickup days. Households may continue to schedule up to four total collections of three cubic yards in each collection per year, with twelve cubic yards of waste as the maximum total bulk waste the city will collect per year.
Households are able to schedule two collections, limited to up to six cubic yards total, of bulk waste per collection day.
These changes are due to an increase over the last year in bulk pickups.
For more information, visit this link or contact Community Enhancement Initiatives Manager Amy Kirwin at email@example.com.