The City of San Marcos is calling on volunteers to register for the Third Annual Fall River Cleanup in the San Marcos and Blanco River Watersheds on Saturday, Oct. 5 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
“Our regional river basin functions as a sensitive home for keystone species while also serving as the focal point for our local history, community and economy,” said Community Initiatives Manager Amy Kirwin. “Our previous cleanups have demonstrated that our public understands its importance and we are hoping the strong sense of stewardship continues for the fall cleanup.”
Watershed locations and headquarters (http://bit.ly/2019fallrivercleanupmap):
- Purgatory Creek 1 – Gravel St and Mitchell St.
- Purgatory Creek 2 – 1808 Hunter Rd
- Cottonwood Creek – Far northwest Corner of Premium outlets behind Zegna Outlet
- Sessom Creek – 151-2 E. Sessom Dr.
- Sink Creek – 1600 N. LBJ Dr.
- Willow Creek – 320 Mariposa St.
- San Marcos River 1 – 170 Charles Austin Dr.
- San Marcos River 2 – 520 N I-35 Frontage Road
- Blanco River Village – Morning Shadow and Newberry Trail
- Five Mile Dam – 4440 S Old Stagecoach Rd.
To participate in the annual cleanup, visit http://bit.ly/signup_2019fallrivercleanup and select one of the 10 available watershed locations. All volunteers will be provided with lunch and a t-shirt.
The cleanup event is sponsored by the City of San Marcos, Keep San Marcos Beautiful, the Edwards Aquifer Habitat Conservation Plan, and Texas State University.
For more information or to sponsor the cleanup, contact Kirwin at 512.393.8419 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay updated with the Fall River Cleanup on Facebook.