The City of San Marcos is accepting applications to fill vacancies on City boards and commissions with volunteers from throughout the community.
Citizens may fill out volunteer interest applications online by Friday, Apr. 2, 2021, to be considered for appointment. The application form is available on the Boards and Commission page and can be accessed at sanmarcostx.gov/boards. If you prefer a paper copy, please visit the City Clerk’s Office at 630 E. Hopkins.
Qualifications, duties and the length of service vary. The following positions are currently vacant:
- Animal Shelter Advisory Committee
- 1 Representative from an Animal Welfare Organization
- Construction Board of Appeals
- 1 Master Plumber and 2 Alternate Members
- Convention & Visitor Bureau
- 1 Resident that represents Impactful Annual / Ongoing Event
- 1 Resident that Represents River / Natural Area Preservationist
- Economic Development Board
- Medium Business Representative (26-100 employees)
- CEO or Sr. Management staffer of manufacturing firm who works in San Marcos
- Historic Preservation Commission
- Resident from a Historic District
- Neighborhood Commission
(Blanco Gardens, Two Rivers East, Fairlawn, Blanco River North)
(Rio Vista, East Guadalupe, Victory Gardens, Hunter’s Hill)
- San Marcos Industrial Development Corporation
- 5 Members, must be San Marcos residents
Residents are asked to submit their interest application by April 2, 2021. The City Council is scheduled to review the applications and make appointments at their April 20, 2021 meeting. Volunteers that are appointed will take their seats immediately.
For questions, please contact the City Clerk’s office at 512.393.8090 or email CityClerk@sanmarcostx.gov. For media inquiries, contact email@example.com.