The San Marcos Mural Arts Committee is issuing a call for artists for a mural project at Wonder World theme park this summer.
The Committee seeks to commission a professional visual artist or artist team to design and paint the mural on an exterior wall located at 1000 Prospect Street. The mural must be substantially complete by the end of August.
The artist stipend for this project is up to $5,000 based on square footage of the design. Materials for the project will be provided by the City of San Marcos.
The goals of this mural project are to:
beautify and add character to an area of town with a mix of established residential and business use
add to the City’s growing collection of mural art
The project should meet the following objectives:
- to create a mural with bold colors and patterns that is visually engaging for residents and visitors
- to create a local landmark that inspires people to take photos with it and share on social media
The selection of an artist or artist team will be based on:
- artistic merit of the design
- appropriateness of the design for the location, including the scale, content, color and design in relation to the site
- how the concept promotes themes stated in the project summary
- artist’s qualifications
- originality of the design
Full details on the project, including submission instructions and points of contact, are posted online at www.sanmarcostx.gov/callsforartists. The application deadline is Sunday, June 16 at 11:59 p.m.
For more information, contact Arts Coordinator Trey Hatt at firstname.lastname@example.org or Recreation Programs Manager Lisa Morris at email@example.com.